Sunday 26 September 2010

Style! Blitz..... THE LAUNCH

I'm not sure what celebratory sounds to omitt for such blog launching ocassion (I have many a sounds) but I think I will opt for a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalalalalalalalalala, which is rather appropriate because I am very much a lala sort of person. just so y'know.

OKAY what this blog is all about. It is a fashion blog. yet the conundrum is that it also ISN'T A FASHION BLOG. Right now my ideas are going *kaboom* around my head as to what this blog should centre upon (hence the title Blitz!) but I think I am going to largely focus upon my own fashion ideas/creations - as opposed to the majority of fashion blogs which centre upon current fashion trends.  I will be posting some of my personal art/fashion work as well as actual garments that I am working on. 

DISCLAIMER: I am first and foremost an absolute beginner in the world of clothes making.  I started about a month ago and have about 11 garments thus far.  These garments are quite simple due to the fact that I am a beginner and obviously not expert at tailoring.  I do not use paper patterns or a mannequin - I use existing clothes to look at their construction and therefore adapt patterns on to my own body to match my design vision.  So far I only make clothes that I can wear on a day-to-day basis so defintely nothing too extravagant like my conceptual designs because my tailoring skills are yet to match my designing skills!  These garments do have mistakes in terms of its construction so I am open to advice/criticism!

Anyway now the obligatory greeting part is over... .let the fashion frolics commence yeah.....? Passing you over to the next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment